Gilbert Building History
In 1893, Gilbert designed a five-story building at 413 Wacouta Street for the Boston and Northwest Realty Company. Records from the early 1900’s describe the building as “one of the best business structures in Saint Paul.” The building is recognized by the National Register of Historic Places. Today, Cass Gilbert’s achievement is reborn as the Gilbert Building.
The Building underwent a major renovation in the mid-19080’s. Even though it is over 100 years old, it has many wonderful, modern features.